Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 July 2015

The money or the work?

Hello there.....
Here's a question some interviewers ask...
WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU: THE MONEY OR THE JOB?

I reckon that many of us already have our answers but allow me to share a few thoughts. Mind you, there are no right or wrong answers, just what you believe.

Have you noticed how fast money goes? Well everybody needs money, the question is how much money would we need until we stop needing money? or perhaps we can look at it from another point of view...Money does a lot for us.....we need to get comfy, take good care of ourselves, afford ourselves some deserved luxury as many of us would say after suffering for so long...truth is money goes into a lot if things as we see fit.....

The work part though, hmmm, this has got me thinking, i can't currently have an IQ of 130 and just want to live a less challenging or productive life style...where would all that zeal go?

To want to know more, do more, say more, touch more. You know, I was once privileged to be lectured by a great man who said and I quote:
"There is so much more to see than you have ever seen"
"So much more to know than you have ever known"
"So much more to hear than you have ever heard"
"So much more to do than you have ever done".

As I heard those words, in that moment, I knew I would always want to know and have more knowledge....and according to Charles  Ogbulogbo, Professor of Linguistics and Vice Chancellor Covenant University, speaking to the Elite set of 2015 "I will forever be a Life Long Learner and an example of properly developed CHARACTER".

My conclusion: If you're putting your heart and soul into an assignment and you aren't properly rewarded or if you neglect the place of being productive up until a point where your life's work begin to set others in line for the money, it wouldn't be a decision well made.

Kindly share your thoughts in the comment section. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment